I ♥ people; look for ways to make them happy, and empower them. Historically, this has been connected to software and live performance.
- 2018-12-08 — Tumblr banning porn 🤦♂️
- 2018-11-17 — Bye, Facebook. You're terrible.
- 2018-11-11 — That Consumption Life: Jane, Inkeeper, Gentleman, ROUS
- 2018-10-18 — Favorite Sketches
- 2018-09-10 — Burning Man 2018 🔥
Archives for all posts, or by category (all art biz blog-meta books culture engineering essay games management meta pablolife personal plt projects rants sapogoeswoof tabletop video games videogames work works ).
- Nerd talk over modularity, monoliths, and microservices in 2018.
- I think the phrase "legacy code" usually masks a more interesting set of workplace cultural issues.
- Opening up on my depression in 2013.
- Engineers have this terrible habit of showboating.
- Little culture hacks to make an engineering workplace feel a bit more human.
- Thoughts on engineering management after my first time doing it, in 2016.
- Thoughts on tech interviews (with a set of juicy links at the bottom), also 2016.
- Year in Review (2015, 2016, 2017) posts.