I ♥ people; look for ways to make them happy, and empower them. Historically, this has been connected to software and live performance.
- 2020-06-27 — 🎭 Discrimination, Python pattern matching 🐍
- 2020-06-22 — 💥 Rises and Falls, Indieweb 🕸
- 2020-06-18 — 📏 Getting what you measure ⏱
- 2020-06-04 — 🐷 The police cannot be saved 🧱
- 2020-05-29 — 😡 Nemesis, Sudoku, Muscles 💪
Archives for all posts, or by category ( all art arts biz blog_meta blurb books culture engineering essay games management meta pablolife personal plt programming projects rants sapogoeswoof tabletop video_games work works ).
- I feel like AI hype, at least for the grander visions, is a bit overblown.
- Nerd talk over modularity, monoliths, and microservices in 2018.
- I think the phrase "legacy code" usually masks a more interesting set of workplace cultural issues.
- Opening up on my depression in 2013.
- Engineers have this terrible habit of showboating.
- Little culture hacks to make an engineering workplace feel a bit more human.
- Thoughts on engineering management after my first time doing it, in 2016.
- Thoughts on tech interviews (with a set of juicy links at the bottom), also 2016.
- Year in Review (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) posts.