Hey! Thanks for reading! Just a reminder that I wrote this some years ago, and may have much more complicated feelings about this topic than I did when I wrote it. Happy to elaborate, feel free to reach out to me! 😄
I posted yesterday!
I let a lot of time get between my posts, but this isn't because I'm not having ideas that wouldn't be fun to share:
Like most people, I've become more conscious of my Brand™ and felt like writing should only happen if it was capital-I Important or smart-sounding.
I've decided to start making an effort to put more of my thoughts/digital presence on here than in closed platforms we've all come to love.
As a result, I did a few things yesterday:
- Switched to HSTS — now you should see this site on HTTPS or nuthin'.
- Set up my new work laptop to easily author/post, and made a few little changes to the GH repo of the code that powers this blog.
- Finally published another post, something I wrote last summer. Better than when I wrote 2016 In Review in December 2016 but I only hit publish in, like, June 2017.
- Added Google Analytics so I have some idea of who's coming here. I'll keep crap like that to a minimum, and encourage everyone to get on uBlock Origin and/or setting Do Not Track on their Firefoxes (or off-brand Firefoxes). I've confirmed that it blocks the GA on this site.
I have a few other things coming down the pipe:
- Open Graph tags so the posts share well on The Enemy Sites.
- A disclaimer that shows up on posts above a certain age, something like<br
Hey! Thanks for reading! Just a reminder that I wrote this -X- years ago, and may have much more complicated feelings about this topic than I did when I wrote it.I have a lot of posts on here that I keep for archiving reasons, sentimental reasons, and to remind myself that I'm a work-in-progress. But… I'd hate for some people to read them and believe that that's what I'm thinking currently. Nothing on here is downright egregious, but some of it makes me wince.
- Auto-post a digest from my tweets. Most of what I love about blogs moved to Twitter, a digest of "Pablo's week in tweets" might be good, and make this better-reflect how I've been doing. Hell, I could even backfill it.
- A better design for index pages and the actual homepage. I more-or-less like how the individual post pages look.
The main thing I'm after is just writing a little more than I do, about more things, and not as Ponderously. I might have a "Greatest Hits" sidebar with posts that cover times I've said something, but I miss blogs when they were a bit more ephemeral.
Thanks for the read! Disagreed? Violent agreement!? Feel free to drop me a line at , or leave a comment below! I'd love to hear from you 😄